If one or more of the following parameters apply, a custom thermal oxidizer is likely the best solution
• Flow changes • Particulate concern
• N-bearing compounds • S or Halogen presence
• High DRE required • Fluctuating flow rates
• Fluctuating VOC or heat content of waste/off gas
• Plant requires post-combustion APC
• Plant prefers special heat recovery method such as steam production • High or low O2 in stream
Recuperative thermal oxidizers best suit VOC laden air streams with sufficient loading that provides more heat than for sound RTO’s operation but insufficient normal loading for DFTO (direct fired thermal oxidizer). Recups reduce the operating costs to an optimum level while not overheating or overloading the system.
The unit pictured treated dynamometer exhaust coming from multiple engine test stands with varied loads. This style of operation matches many batch processes in applications for chemicals, petrochemicals, food, and many more. This unit was also available for rent once unit was decommissioned.
Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizers
Recuperative Thermal Oxidizers
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTO)
View our application chart for the best options for your process
Nacah Tech provides the process design, mechanical design, BMS (control system) design, material procurement and fabrication, installation supervision and commissioning of Thermal Oxidizer Systems with many available accessories such as LEL analyzer, flow meters, controls, waste heat recovery, preheaters, flame arrestor, id fan, and stack. Each system thermally decomposes the VOC’s in waste gases from Production facility with its given emission sources in air/gas. The TO system is designed based on the information supplied under the specification. Design, manufacture, deliver & commission TO system for use at a wide variety of industrial, process or other plants.
Custom sized unit to accommodate unique process requirements.
Custom designed direct fired units (DFTO) accommodate unique application considerations including externally mounted nozzle mix burner (shown) or an inline duct burner.
- Regulatory compliance with optimal capital cost
- Compatible with other energy-saving equipment such as waste heat boilers and heat exchangers
- Effective solution for small VOC stream treatment
- Allows efficient heat capture from high VOC streams
- Efficient for batch loaded processes as well as continuous